Tuesday, July 30, 2013

CLAY WALKER GAVE ME A BOOK TO HELP MEMORY ISSUES


Berlena Spencer-Staton, Columnist, MSnewsChannel.com

We are not alone!!

I attended an ms seminar on in Concord, N.C. Even though I've been diagnosed almost 20 years, it was so inspiring, and I really enjoyed it. There were people there with canes and in wheelchairs, and some walking with no assistance. I talked with a few people; some with some of the same issues I've experienced, and some had been diagnosed longer than I, and weren't even using a cane, but
were experiencing some of the same symptoms. Seeing this let me know and just confirmed that I am not alone.
There was a panel of 4 doctors, and my doctor happened to be one of the doctors. Clay Walker was the special guest, and he has been diagnosed for 16 years. He is a country and western singer, and he and his band tour all over to raise money and awareness about ms.

I've always talked about attitude being important when dealing with ms, but one thing Clay said is he believes WILL, not ATTITUDE, and that action comes from will, and that from every action there is a reaction.

For people with memory issues, he suggested a book called Moon Walking with Einstein.
He talked about how this book helped him with memory issues. It was a great evening. I am so glad I went.